There is no simple answer to the question of how long it will take for SEO to work for a given website. It depends on a variety of factors, including the age of the site, the quality of the content, the competitiveness of the keywords being targeted, and the amount of effort being put into the SEO campaign. Generally speaking, however, it is possible to see results within 3-6 months if the SEO campaign is well-planned and executed.
How long does SEO take to work & show SEO results?
This is a common question among business owners and marketers who are looking to improve their website’s search engine ranking. Unfortunately, there is no easy answer. The truth is, the timeline for SEO success can vary greatly depending on a number of factors.
Some businesses see results within a few months, while others may take a year or more. The important thing to remember is that SEO is a long-term strategy, and the sooner you start, the better. The good news is that even small improvements can make a big difference over time.
Here are a few things that can affect how long it takes for SEO to show results:
1. The age of your website or domain (if you have a new site it’ll take longer).
2. The competitiveness of your industry.
3. The quality of your content.
4. The number of backlinks you have.
5. Your website’s load time and mobile-friendliness.
If you’re just starting out with SEO, it’s important to be patient and focus on creating high-quality content that will help you improve your ranking over time. If you’re struggling to see results, consider working with an experienced SEO professional or SEO agency (18 Growth is the best) who can help you troubleshoot and make improvements to your website.
What are the first things you should do to succeed at SEO?
1. Do your research – find out what your competitors are doing, if they are on page one for the terms your business is in, you can take inspiration from their efforts and make them your own.
2. Find the right keywords – making sure the keywords you target are right is one of the most important things, because there’s no point trying to rank for Giraffes for sale when you sell Zebras…
3. Create quality content – content gives you the opportunity to shout in Googles face about what you do and who you do it for. Google bots want to know if you are answering queries searched for by users, if you are you’ll rank, the more information you can express the better, they want to know you’re experts in your field.
4. Build backlinks – backlinks have become one of the most important aspects in any SEO strategy, following multiple algorithm updates. To put it simply, you want Google to trust your site, because trust ranks the site (alongside content), what’s the best way to gain trust? Get other people to link to you, if others think you’re ace, Google will think you’re ace.
5. Optimize your website – if you want people to take you seriously in the SERPs, you need to optimise for those clicks that you want, because users won’t click a title tag that just says Zebras, but they might click if you say Zebras for sale | Get the best deals on Zebras… that might be a poor example, but you see what I mean? Page titles are one of many aspects to optimise, others are meta descriptions, image alt tags, image file names, and headings.
6. Monitor your progress – you can’t be successful with your SEO work if you’re blind to the results, make sure you’re using Google Analytics (to monitor traffic), Google search console (to monitor organic SERP data), and keyword trackers to monitor rankings.
7. Keep up with the latest trends.- take the time to read, using out-of-date methods could get you penalties, depending on how far you take it. So use sites like search engine roundtable.
8. Be patient – SEO takes time, and you won’t be successful if you aren’t patient, do you think Elon musk is so successful because he demanded immediate success? He failed multiple times, but he came good in the end, didn’t he?
Do you feel as if your brand isn’t as relevant as the competitors in your market? Get in touch with the 18 Growth team to learn more by filling out this form.