What is Canva and why do you need to use it for your business?
Canva is a graphic design tool that allows non-graphic designers to do graphic design. With Canva, you can easily create professional-looking designs in a few clicks. It offers a wide range of templates for various types of graphics, including those for social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. Canva offers a free version as well as a Canva Pro version with additional features. Canva’s main goal is to empower people and businesses to design anything and publish anywhere.
Why use Canva for your business?
Canva can be an extremely useful tool for businesses for a variety of reasons:
- Easy to use: Canva is designed to be user-friendly and easy to navigate, which makes it perfect for businesses that want to create professional-looking designs without the need for expensive software or design skills.
- Customisable Templates: Canva offers a wide range of customizable templates that can be used for various types of graphics, such as social media posts, flyers, posters, and presentations.
- Branding: With Canva Pro, businesses can save and use their own logos, fonts, and color palettes, which helps to maintain consistency across all branding materials.
- Cost-effective: Canva offers a free version of the tool, and Pro version is reasonably priced, which makes it a cost-effective alternative to expensive graphic design software.
- Time-saving: Canva’s drag-and-drop interface and pre-designed templates save businesses time and effort when creating graphics.
- Collaboration: Canva allows multiple team members to work on a design together in real time, which can be particularly useful for businesses with remote teams.
- Social Media Marketing: Canva can be a great tool for creating engaging social media graphics, which can help businesses to increase their online presence and reach new customers.
- Analytics: Canva for enterprise provides analytics and insights to track how designs are performing and improve the design process.
Overall, Canva can be a valuable tool for businesses of all sizes and industries, providing them with the ability to create professional-looking graphics quickly and easily, while also helping to maintain consistency across all branding materials.
Take advantage of Canva's Design School
Not sure how to actually use Canva? Firstly, if you are reading this or researching if you should use Canva for your business, you likely can’t use any other form of graphic designing and do not want to outsource to a graphic designer. Secondly – you don’t need to worry about not knowing how to use Canva’s platform because they have an on-platform Canva design school to assist you, anyway. Happy days.
Remove backgrounds of images in a click
I am absolutely certain that, if you are like me and have spent some time on the internet in the last ten years, then you have likely wanted to get rid of a background of an image you like and want to edit or export. Well, inside Canva, you can remove the backgrounds of your images and designs with one click. A one-click background remover? It’s the stuff of dreams.
Collaborate with your colleagues or clients on Canva
If you have ever designed or edited anything, ever, you will know how frustrating it is when someone provides their input or thoughts. It usually comes along the lines of:
- ‘Can you just make that urine yellow?’
- ‘Snot green definitely will look best there.’
- ‘Can you make that person in the foreground do a backflip?’
- ‘Can you do a backflip for me?’
Okay, maybe not the last one but you get my point. Colleagues and clients can get on your nerves if you’re just having some tea and biscuits with them. When you add collaborating on a design into the mix, the tea goes down the sink and the biscuits are thrown at their face. So, Canva stepped in and added collaboration to save you the stress of the back-and-forth communicating! Instead of getting annoyed, just add them to your Canva project and collaborate with them inside the Canva canvas instead.
Drag and drop to your heart's content
I get it. You don’t want to outsource to a graphic designer or to a design agency. You also don’t want to learn how to graphic design yourself. What you do want to do, though, is design graphics without doing any of the above. Well – you best create a Canva account, then! All you need to do is drag and drop.
Over 200,000 Royalty-free images at your disposal
Even with the free version of Canva, you have over 200,000 royalty-free images in the Canva image library ready to use in your designs. This means that if you are paying a license towards a royalty-free image platform like Shutterstock you can bin that off straight away!
The Canva of the SEO agency world, 18 Growth.
Animate your images and designs into gifs
Ever created a design and thought ‘you know what, this would make my day and everyone else’s if it did a little jiggle and became an animation?’
That’s right, me neither. But, if you ever did – you now can with Canva.
Store all your designs inside Canva's folders
Canva’s storage systems are designed impeccably; excuse the pun. Inside Canva, you can store all designs and files that you are working on inside folders that you can create and edit yourself.
Canva templates help you get past the empty canvas block
Canva offers a wide range of templates for all types of graphics, including those for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest, with more being added regularly.
With the convenience of the one-click option from the homepage, you can quickly create posts with the perfect dimensions. The Pro version even allows for instant resizing to different templates, saving time and effort for all types of social media campaigns across multiple platforms.
Canva keeps your brand kit
The Pro version of Canva includes the ability to upload and save company logos, fonts, and colour palettes for easy access when creating new graphics. This feature saves time by having these elements readily available, making it easy to find the right colours and branding for each design.
Fonts for fun
Canva’s free version offers a variety of fonts to customise designs. Upgrading to Pro gives access to an additional 500+ exclusive fonts and the ability to upload and save personal fonts within the Brand Kit for use in all designs.
10 facts about Canva to conclude our 10 reasons you need Canva
- Canva is a graphic design tool that allows users to create professional-looking designs easily and quickly.
- It offers a wide range of templates for various types of graphics, including those for social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- Canva offers a free version as well as a Pro version, which includes additional features such as exclusive fonts and the ability to upload and save personal fonts and branding elements.
- Canva is available on web and mobile platforms.
- Canva is used by businesses, educators, marketers, and individuals for various design projects, such as social media posts, flyers, posters, and presentations.
- Canva was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
- Canva has raised $215 million in total funding
- Canva is used by over 30 million people.
- Canva has been named one of the most innovative companies by Fast Company in 2017
- Canva’s main goal is to empower people and businesses to design anything and publish anywhere.