What is Technical SEO and How Does it Help Increase Your Website's Search Visibility?
Technical SEO is a set of optimisation techniques used to improve the visibility of a website in search engine results. It involves optimising the technical aspects of a website such as its structure, speed, and codebase to ensure that it is properly indexed and ranked by search engines. Technical SEO also includes an SEO audit checklist which helps to identify any errors that may be preventing your website from reaching its full potential. By implementing technical SEO optimisation techniques, you can increase your website’s search visibility and ranking on SERPs.
Understanding Crawlers & Indexing – What You Need to Know
Understanding search engine crawler bots and the optimisation tips to make your website more visible is essential for any business that wants to be successful in the digital world. Crawlers are programs that visit websites and index them in order to provide relevant search results. This process is known as indexing, which allows users to find what they are looking for quickly and easily. To ensure that your website is indexed correctly, it is important to understand how crawlers work and how you can optimise your website with robots.txt files and XML sitemaps.
Crawlers can (and should) be configured to avoid crawling specific pages on your website if you specify this as a “No Follow” link, but this is not perfect as there may be other pages you want crawled by your website crawler. In order for search engines to know what content is available on your site, you should use a robots meta tag. Additionally, if you have pages that your website crawler is not allowed to crawl (such as login or registration pages), you can block these pages by using the robots meta tag.
With this knowledge, you can ensure that your website will be seen by potential customers, increasing visibility and improving overall performance.
Your technical SEO experts, 18 Growth.
If you are bored of local SEO irrelevance and at the same time tired of the generic SEO industry bullshit – 18 Growth is the perfect SEO audit agency for you. Our team of local SEO experts is created from over 23 years of SEO industry experience and the desire to do local SEO in the right way, with no jargon, fluff or nonsense.
5 Essential Steps to Improving Your Technical SEO
Technical SEO is a set of optimisation techniques that helps to improve the visibility of your website in search engine result pages (SERPs). It involves optimising your website for better performance, improving page speed, and making sure that it is crawlable and indexable by search engines.
Below are five essential steps you can take to improve your technical SEO. Technical SEO is a critical part of any website’s success. If you want your site to rank higher in Google and other search engine results pages, it’s essential that you take the time to optimise your technical SEO. Here are five essential steps you can take to improve your technical SEO and give your website the boost it needs. to compete with your competitors.
- Check Your Server Status (Domain Age): Search engines like Google use an algorithm that’s based on the age of a website’s domain to rank it in their search results. A website that was founded in 1997 would be ranked higher than a site that was founded in 2009 even if the 2009 site had more content and better content management systems. If you want to rank better, it’s important to make sure that your website has a domain age of at least six years.
- Check Your Page Load Time: Google ranks websites with faster page load times higher than those that take a long time to load. Keeping your website’s page load time under 2 seconds will help it rank higher in Google search results.
- Add Meta Tags: The meta tag on your website is like the title of a book or a journal article that gives additional information about what your website is and why someone should read it or use it. Using the meta tag keywords, which are usually three to five words, will help your content rank better in search engines when people search for them.
- Keep Your Website Fresh: It is important to keep your website updated and fresh, so your website will rank higher in search engines. Cleaning up any outdated content and adding new content on a regular basis keeps your audience engaged, which will also help to improve your website’s ranking.
- Remove Unnecessary Pages: It is not necessary for you to have the same number of pages as other websites in the same niche area that are ranking higher than you do on Google search results. You can remove some of your less important pages or replace them with better performing ones if they are outdated or not visited often, and you can schedule which pages users see on their homepage or index page.
Tools & Strategies to Monitor & Improve Your Technical SEO Performance
Technical SEO is a crucial part of any successful digital marketing strategy. It helps you optimise your website for better search engine rankings, reach more potential customers, and increase your overall online visibility.
To make sure that you are getting the most out of your technical SEO efforts, it is important to monitor and improve your performance regularly. This can be done by using web analytics tools to track key metrics such as page views and bounce rate. Additionally, link building strategies can be employed to further optimise your website for search engines. Finally, keyword research tools can be used to identify the best performing keywords for your business. By utilising these tools and strategies, you will be able to monitor and improve your technical SEO performance over time.
Technical SEO is the foundation of any successful SEO strategy. Without it, your website will never reach its full potential in terms of organic search visibility and rankings. Optimising your technical SEO will ensure that your website is optimised for both search engine crawlers and users alike, resulting in higher rankings and more traffic. Taking the time to audit and fix any technical issues on your website can make a huge difference in the long run. So don’t wait – start optimising your technical SEO today to maximise your organic search visibility!
Technical SEO facts:
- Technical SEO refers to the optimization of a website’s technical elements to improve its visibility and ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Technical SEO includes factors such as website structure, coding, website speed and performance, mobile responsiveness, and security.
- A well-optimized website structure, using clean and organized HTML code, can improve a website’s crawlability, making it easier for search engines to index its content.
- Fast website load times can improve user experience, reduce bounce rates, and positively impact search rankings.
- Mobile responsiveness and having a mobile-friendly website design is crucial for good technical SEO, as a growing number of searches are performed on mobile devices.
- Website security, including the use of SSL certificates, can not only improve user trust and engagement, but can also positively impact search rankings.
- Duplicate content, broken links, and 404 errors can negatively impact a website’s technical SEO and search rankings, and should be addressed promptly.
- Properly using header tags (H1, H2, etc.) and meta tags, such as the title tag and meta description, can help communicate the content and purpose of a webpage to search engines and users.
- Sitemaps and robots.txt files can help search engines understand the structure of a website and which pages should be crawled and indexed.
- Regularly monitoring and fixing technical SEO issues can help ensure a website is optimized for search engines, improving its visibility and ranking in SERPs and ultimately driving more organic traffic and conversions.