Why should I do SEO for my Wix website?
Wix SEO is a suite of tools that help website owners optimise their websites for better search engine visibility. It offers a range of features that enable users to easily and quickly improve their website’s SEO, such as keyword research, content optimisation, link building, and more. With Wix SEO, website owners can ensure that their sites are properly optimised to rank higher in search engine results pages. This can result in increased website traffic and higher conversion rates. In this article, we’ll look at some of the best tips and tricks for setting up your Wix website for maximum SEO.
How to Set Up Your Wix Website for Maximum Search Engine Optimisation
Having a website on Wix is a great way to increase your visibility online, but it’s important to make sure you set up your website correctly in order to maximise its potential for search engine optimisation (SEO).
By following these steps, you can ensure that your Wix website is optimised for SEO success:
- Keyword-rich page titles – A primary factor in a website’s rankings is the content of its page titles and meta descriptions. The first thing to do is come up with a list of keywords that are relevant to your website’s topic. You can enter these words into Google AdWords, Bing, or other search engines and see how many times they appear in the text of Web pages on those search engines. For example, if you run an online store for vintage teapots, you might use “vintage teapots” as your keyword list. Once you have your list, create a meta description that supports a search engine’s natural language algorithm. For example, if you have the keyword “vintage teapots” in your title and meta description, Google will interpret this as a demand for information about vintage teapots.
- Social media posts and other on-site signals – To increase the visibility of your website in search engines’ natural-language algorithms (the software used to interpret normal human language into computer-readable commands), search engines look for social media shares, links from other websites, or references to websites that link back to yours. Search engines recognise the importance of social media signals, but they do not use them in their ranking algorithms.
- Google SERP Features – Listing factors including title tag, description tag and image tags are important for SEO. The first two lines of a website’s description is a vital part of SEO success. When writing search engine optimisation (SEO) text, 80% should be written naturally from the content on your site and 20% should be technical information relevant to your industry or business. Google favours websites with a title tag between 30-70 characters and an H1 tag. Search engines are interested in website content, not the number of links to that content.
The Different Tools and Features That Make Wix a Top Choice for SEO
Wix has become one of the most popular website building platforms in recent years, and for good reason. It offers a wide range of tools and features that make it an ideal choice for SEO. Wix users can take advantage of powerful SEO tools such as keyword research, analytics, sitemap management, and more. With these features, users can easily optimise their website to ensure maximum visibility on search engine results pages. Here are some of the different tools and features that make Wix a top choice for SEO:
Keyword Research Tool – A crucial SEO tool for any website is keyword research, which helps users identify and optimise the keywords that are on their mind. The Wix keyword research tool allows users to easily and quickly analyse the keywords they’re targeting, as well as find related phrases. This can help users find new potential keyword opportunities while improving results on websites like Google Search and Bing. In addition, with this key phrase analysis tool, Wix offers up-to-date reports that show what keywords are being used in searches right now. With these features built into the platform, Wix is a great place to start when making an SEO plan.
Google Keyword Tool – The Google keyword tool is a great tool for anyone who wants to analyse the keywords their competition is using. It allows users to find which keywords are trending and approximately how many people search for that keyword in U.S., U.K., and Australia, among other options. This can help you decide whether your content strategy should focus on this phrase, or if it’s worth giving up at this point because of low demand for such a term related to your niche.
Keyword Difficulty Tool – When you’re researching how competitive a keyword is, the Wix keyword difficulty tool is an excellent resource. There’s an overall keyword difficulty rating, along with a breakdown of click-through rate (CTR), search volume, and ad competition.
Competitive Research Tool – This is one of the most useful tools Wix provides. It allows you to quickly see whether or not a keyword has strong competition. If there are many other terms for the same topic, that increases the difficulty level for that term and can make it harder to compete in search results.
Your Wix SEO experts, 18 Growth.
If you are bored of local SEO irrelevance and at the same time tired of the generic SEO industry bullshit – 18 Growth is the perfect SEO audit agency for you. Our team of local SEO experts is created from over 23 years of SEO industry experience and the desire to do local SEO in the right way, with no jargon, fluff or nonsense.
Is Wix good for SEO?
With the ever-evolving world of search engine optimisation (SEO), it is important to consider which platform you are using to build your website. Wix is one of the most popular website builders, but how does it compare to other platforms when it comes to SEO? Here are some of the pros and cons of using Wix for SEO:
Pros of Wix for SEO
- It’s easy to use, meaning it doesn’t require any technical knowledge and requires minimal time investment to set up your website.
- You have the freedom to customise your site layout in ways that do not necessarily suit certain platforms such as WordPress or Drupal. For example, you can add a section on your site that displays information about each page and how many times it’s been visited. This is helpful for monitoring traffic on specific pages. These features may not be available on other platforms due to their design or limitations with their codebase.
- Wix offers a free trial so you can check out the service and how it works for you before signing up for a monthly subscription fee.
- It’s easy to transfer your website from one hosting provider to another in case you need to make a change quickly through its built-in transfer tool.
Cons of Wix for SEO
- Although Wix is an extremely user-friendly website platform, unfortunately, it does not support direct editing of code. This means that users cannot add custom CSS codes or HTML tags to customise and further enhance their website designs as they have no access to the underlying code.
- Wix uses a proprietary algorithm to rank visitors’ websites. It is not known how exactly this ranking mechanism works and it’s unclear if Wix has the power to completely change Google’s algorithm.
- Some of their features are limited. For example, you cannot add meta tags to the website. Wix is a web-design platform that allows individuals and businesses to create professional websites without needing any technical knowledge or experience. Though it offers a wide variety of design options, this platform limits some important SEO capabilities that other platforms may offer.